The Fiscal Director provides the accounting, budgeting, financial reports and all fiscal oversight for the agency. The Fiscal Director is required to have the knowledge, skills and experiences to establish and maintain overall program accounting, budgeting, forecasting and financial reporting policies and procedures which will provide effective control and satisfy informational requirements of program officers, line and management staff, independent auditors, government agencies, the Executive Director and the Board of Directors..
1. Administration of job costing systems and computer applications.
2. Federal and state grant and contract accounting requirements.
3. Accounting, budgeting, fiscal control, and financial analysis and reporting.
1. Interact with Executive Director, Management team, staff, and federal and state agencies.
2. Coordinate and supervise the auditing function for the agency.
3. Learn the various programs, rules, and regulations as they relate to the agency.
• Bachelor's degree in finance, business or equivalent; MBA, CPA preferred.
• Ten (10) or more years of practical experience in all facets of job costing system and microcomputer applications. Experience in a nonprofit agency accounting environment. • Knowledge and understanding of general business matters required including budget development, financial reporting, GAAP, cash management, financial nonprofit laws and regulations, banking and debt financing instruments. • Strong working knowledge of Abila MIP accounting software.
Full job description provided upon request.
Location: Union City, CA
Salary: Competitive Salary
Posted On: April 19th, 2017
Who we are:
Child, Family and Community Services, Inc. is a nonprofit organization providing education and family support services to qualified low income families and children with special needs living in Southern Alameda.
The programs of CFCS currently serve almost 3,000 families each year throughout the south county areas. CFCS also funds a Head Start/Early Head Start Delegate, Community Association for Preschool Education, Inc. (CAPE) that serves 163 Head Start and 50 Early Head Start children throughout the Tri-Valley area of Livermore, Pleasanton and Dublin.
The Board of Directors of CFCS has maintained the original agency mission while continuing to add funding and programs to expand services for children, families and communities.