Position: ASSISTANT TEACHERS
Hourly Salary: Depending on Experience
Filing Deadline: Open until filled
ALL APPLICANTS NEED TO SUBMIT COPIES OF TRANSCRIPTS WITH ECE UNITS WHEN APPLYING FOR THIS POSITION
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES:
Duties of the position will include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Assist with planning and implementing curriculum activities.
2. Assist with planning and setting up indoor and outdoor environment.
3. Supervise and team-teach a group of 15-17 children.
4. Assist with classroom record keeping.
5. Assist teachers in conducting home visits for each child enrolled in the Head Start program.
1. High School graduate or equivalent. AA Degree preferred.
2. Previous work experience in a licensed childcare center or comparable group
Child care program for at least 1 year.
3. Proof of completion of core ECE courses (ECE201 Child Development, ECE210 Early Childhood Education Principles, ECE211 Early Childhood Education Curriculum, ECE212 Child, Family and Community).
4. Knowledge of Early Childhood Education practices and techniques.
5. Valid California Associate Teacher permit or qualified for an Associate Teacher’s permit
6. Bilingual in Spanish desirable.
Applicants will be reviewed by a screening committee for satisfaction of minimum qualification standards. The best candidates for the position will be invited for a panel interview. Please submit copies of transcripts, degree(s) and any certification along with the cover letter and resume.
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE REQUIRED TO PROVIDE EMPLOYMENT ELIGIBILITY VERIFICATION
HEALTH AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
Physical Examination, TB Test, Immunizations and CPR upon employment
Fingerprint Clearance/Child Abuse Index/Criminal Record Statement
APPLY: Attn: Human Resources Department
Institute for Human and Social Development
155 Bovet Road, Suite 300
San Mateo, CA 94402
E-Mail to: email@example.com
AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY – AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Location: San Mateo & East Palo Alto, CA
Salary: Competitive Salary
Posted On: October 12th, 2017
A non-profit organization, IHSD provides comprehensive early care and education services for children from birth through five years throughout San Mateo County. Research has continually demonstrated that high quality early care and education programs have a significant impact on a child’s chances of future success. Our mission is to provide excellent comprehensive child development and support services to the highest needs children of 0-5 years old and their families in partnership with the community of San Mateo County.
At IHSD, we are committed to providing the highest quality comprehensive early care and education and family services to support the school readiness of each child. Through our child development centers, family child care homes, and home based visiting programs, we offer early care and education and family services that are built upon the needs of the children, families, and communities.