Child Start, Inc.
Job Title: Classroom Management Coach Status: Non-Exempt
Program/Department: Head Start/Early Head Start Revised: March 2018
Supervisor: Education/Disabilities Manager Supervises: none
The Classroom Management Coach is responsible for providing coaching in ECE classrooms to facilitate high quality early education and promote school readiness by providing support to implement effective classroom management techniques and creating positive learning environments. The Classroom Management Coach will observe, plan, and support the implementation of prevention and intervention strategies with staff in order to support children’s successful inclusion in classroom settings.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITITES:
1. Collaborate with classroom staff to design classroom management plans for children exhibiting challenging behaviors
2. Observe and analyze children’s behaviors to support classroom plans needed to facilitate effective social and emotional development
3. Model effective classroom management strategies to respond effectively to children with challenging behaviors
4. Provide teaching staff with ideas and feedback regarding classroom management strategies based on observations, including but not limited to:
5. Facilitate on-site consultation services in the application of classroom management techniques
6. Support staff to implement best practices regarding behaviors and learning in early childhood education
7. Provide one on one support in identified classrooms with children demonstrating challenging behaviors by utilizing positive behavior techniques and strategies
8. Provide training to HS/EHS staff on the Teaching Pyramid/Pyramid Model to support positive social-emotional development in classrooms.
9. Develop and maintain reflective relationship with staff members
10. Build trusting and nurturing relationships with children from the perspective of typical child development
11. Support staff to obtain community resources for children and families and report any referrals to Child Start administration for tracking purposes
12. Monitor and track coaching activities with appropriate documentation
13. Effectively communicate with Education Department staff, Regional Program Managers and site staff regarding classroom and individual child needs
14. Protects operations by keeping confidential, private, and sensitive information within the parameters of policy and need-to-know requirements.
15. Perform other duties as assigned
1. BA in Early Childhood Education or related field with minimum 24 ECE units required
2. ECE units or specialized training in working with children with special needs, challenging behaviors or trauma informed care
Training and Experience:
3. Minimum of two years of classroom teaching experience, preferably in a Head Start/Early Head Start program
4. Familiarity and experience utilizing Teaching Pyramid/Center for Social and Emotional Foundations for Early Learning (CSEFEL) strategies
5. Experience training, coaching, and mentoring ECE professionals
Knowledge and Skills:
6. Successful experience working with children with challenging behaviors and special needs
7. Familiarity with adult learning theories
8. Ability to work independently, communicate through verbal, non-verbal and written communications
9. Ability to pass medical exam and TB test, and supply required Immunizations
10. Valid California drivers license; vehicle liability insurance.
1. Telephone, fax, copier, personal computer with related software, including database, Word, Excel.
2. Other office equipment: phone, fax, copier, etc.
JOB CONDITIONS / COMPLEXITY:
Regular office and preschool environments. Occasional stooping or bending may be required. Frequent lifting, (up to 40 pounds or an equivalent weight) required.
This job description is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. Duties and responsibilities and skills may vary depending upon agency needs.
Location: Napa, CA
Salary: 24.00 - 0.00
Posted On: June 8th, 2018
Child Start Inc. is committed to providing quality early learning and essential support services to vulnerable young children and their families. Our vision is to create a community that values each child and family, and we strive to be responsive to changing needs by strengthening and expanding well-established programs like Head Start and Early Head Start, while also adding new services.