JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Ensures the health and safety of enrolled children when visiting sites.
2. Supports the EDMH Team in monitoring and maintaining compliance across the education, disabilities and mental health service areas for HS PS and I/T children with all agency, State and Federal regulations including Community Care Licensing Title V and XXII regulations and HS Program Performance Standards.
3. Provides training, technical support and guidance with individualization, implementation and overall planning of curriculum and ongoing assessments using the adopted program curriculum.
4. Using evidence-based framework, provides Practice Based Coaching and technical assistance; maintains support as the on-the-job mentor/coach for classroom staff.
5. Supports a coordinated approach for improving teacher-child interactions, inclusive practices, sensory integration, language rich environments, curriculum fidelity, and school readiness.
6. Provides Practice Based Coaching and support to identified teachers through moderate/intensive coaching, professional learning communities, and new teacher training.
7. Provides support in implementing strategies recommended by consultants for children, classrooms and individual staff.
8. Works to improve the consistency and effectiveness of and collaboration between HS service areas.
9. Understands and models Positive Behavior Supports in working with adults and children.
10. Makes recommendations to EDMH Team about staff training needs; helps design and implement EDMH-related training and technical assistance for site staff and parents.
11. Collects data and completes monitoring observations using a variety of systems and tools; summarizes the collected information to provide written reports including feedback, outcomes and recommendations to the EDMH Team.
12. Completes accurate and timely maintenance of necessary records, data, and reports for the EDMH service areas.
13. Monitors and ensures alignment of EDMH practices across all classrooms; provides guidance and support to site staff to facilitate alignment.
14. Participates in reflective supervision sessions to promote ongoing professional development.
15. Maintains confidentiality at all times.
16. Maintains certification in Classroom Assessment Scoring System (CLASS).
17. For bilingual employees, performs all job duties utilizing dual language ability as necessary to provide optimum support and services for clients and HSCDP staff.
18. Furthers continuous improvement by staying current on early childhood best practices by participating in trainings, reading and discussing current information as well as by participating on work teams and voluntarily participating on special committees.
19. Responsible for generating, collecting and documenting In-Kind.
20. Attends scheduled meetings, training sessions and conferences as assigned/requested.
21. Aligns work behaviors in conformance with NCO’s Mission, Vision and Values.
22. Work habits:
§ Arrives to work on time and obtains approval from supervisor for planned absences or any changes in work schedule.
§ Maintains a high level of confidentiality in all aspects of work and in alignment with NCO’s policies and procedures.
§ Is able to stay focused on the job.
§ Takes pride in creating an efficient, collaborative work environment.
§ Treats co-workers and clients with respect.
§ Represent NCO and its program to the community in a positive light.
§ Dresses appropriately for the assigned job duties and responsibilities.
§ Is able to constructively adapt to change.
23. Other duties as assigned.
II. JOB QUALIFICATIONS
1. Must have:
2. Must qualify for or possess a CA Master Teacher Permit.
2. Must be highly proficient in use of computers and a variety of software programs, including web-based platforms; must at a minimum be very familiar with the use of word processing, email and spreadsheet programs; presentation software is helpful, but not required.
3. Must possess excellent written and oral English communication skills and the ability to consistently communicate in an effective and professional manner.
6. Must possess the ability to communicate and work well with people from a variety of backgrounds, cultures and education levels.
10. Must have the ability to handle confidential information, documents and sensitive situations appropriately.
11. Must have the ability to work effectively under pressure and exercise good judgment.
12. Must have the ability to work flexible hours for weekend or evening activities as needed.
Category: Health Services
Location: Ukiah, CA
Salary: 22.83 - 29.34
Posted On: June 8th, 2018
A non-profit Community Action Agency.