Planning and Program Implementation
• Supervises, coordinates, and evaluates the teaching of children within the classroom environment.
• Coaches/mentors assigned teaching staff regarding curriculum and care planning for groups and individuals.
• Participates in actual teaching and demonstrates and applies appropriate methods, materials, and accepted practices.
• Provides direction and tracks adherence to individual lesson plans.
• Assures regular reporting of child progress and child center activities.
• Provides mentoring based on classroom observation. Involves parents and promotes knowledge of educational activities and student development goals.
• Considers student health and safety and effective learning and reinforcement techniques.
• Monitors parent conferences, and develops and informs parents and staff regarding IFSP goals.
• Maintains current knowledge of teaching techniques through child development classes, workshops, and membership in professional organizations. Prepares and maintains necessary and mandated records and related documents.
CCL/Early Head Start
• Completes daily head counts and ensures that ratios are met at all times.
• Completes paperwork and reports any symptoms of child abuse to the Child Development Specialist and Child Abuse Hotline, supports teachers to make necessary reports.
• Completes and maintains Licensing forms as needed.
• Ensures site compliance with all CCL requirements and Head Start Performance Standards
• Ensures monitoring of classroom quality and site safety at all times
• Schedules supervision meetings with teachers on a monthly basis or as needed.
• Develops/monitors Professional Development Goals for all teaching staff.
• Participates in the orientation of teaching staff.
• Conducts annual evaluation of teaching staff/floaters.
• Responsible for reviewing/approving timesheets, work orders, purchase orders, and other supporting documentation.
• Completes and follows up with all site visits for Community Care Licensing
• Completes and ensures all required reports are maintained and submitted to appropriate parties.
• Developments and monitors goals for the site and individual classrooms.
• Completes reports and communicates problems directly to supervisor as needed.
• Supervises and monitors child files and assists staff in the compliance of file requirements.
• May perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Apply today on our website!
Category: Program Administration
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Salary: 24.00 - 28.00
Posted On: July 6th, 2018
Training and Research Foundation is a non-profit Head Start organization that serves low-income preschool children and families by providing comprehensive child development and school readiness services including education, health, nutrition, and mental health. For more than 50 years, TRF has been committed to improving the lives of children in the Inglewood, Lennox, Hawthorne, and West Los Angeles areas. TRF is committed to the long range program goals that prepare children to succeed in school and life.