Position: ASSISTANT TEACHERS
Hourly Salary: Depending on Experience
Filing Deadline: Open until filled
Duties of the position will include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Assist with planning and implementing curriculum activities.
2. Assist with planning and setting up indoor and outdoor environment.
3. Supervise and team-teach a group of 20 children.
4. Assist with classroom record keeping (i.e. Learning Genie/Portfolios)
5. Assist teachers in conducting home visits for each child enrolled in the Head Start program.
6. Collaboration with Family Engagement team and events.
1. High School graduate or equivalent. AA Degree preferred with Child Development Associate Teacher Permit desirable.
2. Previous work experience in a licensed childcare center or comparable group
Child care program for at least 1 year.
3. Proof of completion of core ECE courses (ECE201 Child Development, ECE210 Early Childhood Education Principles, ECE211 Early Childhood Education Curriculum, ECE212 Child, Family and Community).
4. Knowledge of Early Childhood Education practices and techniques.
5. Valid California Associate Teacher Permit or qualified for an Associate Teacher’s permit
6. Bilingual in Spanish desirable.
Applicants will be reviewed by a screening committee for satisfaction of minimum qualification standards. The best candidates for the position will be invited for a panel interview. Please submit copies of transcripts, degree(s) and any certification along with the cover letter and resume.
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE REQUIRED TO PROVIDE EMPLOYMENT ELIGIBILITY VERIFICATION
HEALTH AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
Physical Examination, TB Test, Immunizations and CPR upon employment
Fingerprint Clearance/Child Abuse Index/Criminal Record Statement/NSOPW
APPLY: Attn: Human Resources Department
Institute for Human and Social Development
155 Bovet Road, Suite 300
San Mateo, CA 94402
E-Mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY – AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Location: Menlo Park, CA
Salary: Competitive Salary
Posted On: September 12th, 2018
A non-profit organization, IHSD provides comprehensive early care and education services for children from birth through five years throughout San Mateo County. Research has continually demonstrated that high quality early care and education programs have a significant impact on a child's chances of future success. Our mission is to provide excellent comprehensive child development and support services to the highest needs children of 0-5 years old and their families in partnership with the community of San Mateo County.
At IHSD, we are committed to providing the highest quality comprehensive early care and education and family services to support the school readiness of each child. Through our child development centers, family child care homes, and home based visiting programs, we offer early care and education and family services that are built upon the needs of the children, families, and communities.