Responsible for the promotion of the Center for Health & Prevention Clinics, the Health Outreach Enrollment Specialist will conduct outreach education and enrollment activities to reach low-income, un-insured individuals. Assist in the coordination of focus groups and the development of outreach strategies. The Specialist will provide resource referrals, participate in outreach activities and promote access to services at The Center and Affordable Care Act (ACA) healthcare insurances, including CenCal. Supports CAPSLO’s mission by promoting and educating the community about healthcare and insurance enrollment services available.
Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Under the supervision of the Clinic Director the Health Outreach Enrollment Specialist conducts community outreach, provides educational presentations, and provides outreach and enrollment assistance to Center patients and individuals who are un-insured.
2. Supports Center patients and community members by linking them to Covered California insurances and Cen Cal.
3. Develops inclusive, culturally sensitive strategies for conducting community outreach and education activities for low-income, un-insured and under-insured individuals. Responsible for meeting Title X and other grant outcomes regarding community outreach and education targeting special populations.
4. Assists with focus groups to determine gaps in access to healthcare services, education and insurance enrollment.
5. Keeps informed of agencies, resources, workshops and classes; participates in program and community events.
Minimum Educational and Experience Requirements:
Health Outreach Enrollment Specialist I:
1. Two years of education and/or experience in Health Care, Education, Social Science, Psychology, Human Development, Liberal Studies, or related field.
2. Experience in providing outreach, advocacy, coordination and community education preferred.
3. Knowledge of health systems in San Luis Obispo County preferred.
4. Must have strong computer skills and be familiar with Microsoft Office, including Excel.
Health Outreach Enrollment Specialist II:
1. AA/AS Degree in Health, Social Science, Education, Psychology, Human Development, Liberal Studies, or related field, plus one year work experience or a BA/BS Degree in a related field.
2. Must have strong computer skills and be familiar with Microsoft Office, including Excel.
3. Must have knowledge of health systems, particularly in San Luis Obispo County.
4. Must have at least six months of experience as a Health Outreach Enrollment Specialist I.
1. Must have the ability to communicate verbally and in writing in the English and Spanish languages and pass a bilingual/biliterate test (salary differential provided).
2. Must be willing to work evenings and/or weekends, as needed.
3. Must have knowledge of general office skills.
4. Must be able to read and write with good communication and comprehension skills.
5. Must have the ability to coordinate and communicate with parents.
Physical and Environmental Requirements:
Position requires intermittent sitting, standing, walking, twisting and bending. Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds. Simple grasping and hand manipulation required, as well as reaching above and below shoulder level. Must be able to withstand exposure to noise in a day care environment. Must be able to drive to meet families, providers and children.
For more information on job details and requirements please visit our website, search by Req#, and apply online at www.capslo.org/employment. A completed CAPSLO application must be submitted no later than 11:59pm on the recruitment closing date.
For questions regarding the application process, please contact the HR Department at (805) 544-4355 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Category: Family Services
Location: San Luis Obispo, CA
Salary: 15.09 - 21.23
Posted On: October 9th, 2018
Community Action Partnership of San Luis Obispo County focuses on helping people and changing lives through serving 36,000 persons across 11 central and southern California counties. We are committed to eliminating the causes of poverty by empowering low-income individuals and families to achieve self-sufficiency through a wide array of community-based collaborations and programs that focus on:
The Community Action Partnership of San Luis Obispo County is committed to eliminating the causes of poverty by empowering low-income individuals and families to achieve self-sufficiency through a wide array of community-based collaborations and programs.
Creating communities where all people have equal opportunities to achieve self-sufficiency.
Over the past year and a half, the Agency embarked on an employee initiative to define a set of core values to guide our decisions and behaviors, and more clearly define how we interact with one another, our partners, and those we serve. This process was employee-driven and input came from multiple sessions where employees engaged in lengthy discussions and exercises to suggest what should be the core values for CAPSLO. The outcome of this effort was suggestions and ideas from 850 employees!