Under the Direction of the Chief Operating Officer, the Senior Manager, Nutrition Services supervises the daily operations of ECS kitchen and food preparation staff to ensure the preparation, production and delivery of high quality and nutritionally and portion-compliant meals for clients served by ECS, including but not limited to, children enrolled at ECS’ Head Start Centers and adults residing at ECS’ Safe Haven programs.
At a minimum, the Senior Manager, Nutrition Services:
1. Supervises the daily operations of ECS kitchen and the activities of the food preparation staff;
2. Ensures the preparation, production and delivery of high quality and nutritionally and portion-compliant meals for clients served by ECS, including but not limited to, children enrolled at ECS’ Head Start Centers and adults residing at ECS’ Safe Haven programs;
3. Ensures that the kitchen facilities and the activities of the food preparation staff comply with all applicable federal, state and local labor laws, health, safety and sanitation licensing rules, regulations and industry standards;
4. Ensures that the kitchen facilities, the activities of the food preparation staff, the purchasing of food, equipment and supplies, and the meals produced comply with all applicable laws, rules, regulations, performance standards and industry standards mandated by the agencies and organizations providing the funds with meals purchased for ECS clients, including but not limited to, the Head Start Program, the Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP), the Health Care for Homeless Veterans Program (HCHV), and the County of San Diego’s Health and Human Services Administration (HHSA);
5. Solicits and selects vendors via competitive bidding processes that comply with all applicable funders’ rules and regulations, and ECS policies. Ensures fairness and provides the highest quality products at the most reasonable cost;
6. Via ECS’ automated purchasing system, supervises the selection, ordering and purchase of all food and kitchen supplies and equipment needed to ensure the production of high quality, nutritionally and portion-compliant client meals at the most reasonable and cost-effective price;
7. Schedules and receives deliveries of ordered food, supplies and equipment to ensure product quality and match with order. Verifies delivery of ordered products via ECS’ automated purchasing system;
8. Maintains food, supplies, and equipment inventories and inventory record at approved budget levels to ensure the continuance of meal production operations;
9. Monitors, analyzes, supervises, manages, and modifies all kitchen staffing, food, equipment, and supplies purchasing, meal production, and meal delivery operations to ensure the production and delivery of high quality, nutritionally and portion-compliant client meals at the most reasonable, cost-effective and at approved budget levels;
For complete job description, please visit http://www.ecscalifornia.org/about/careers
Location: National City/San Diego, CA
Salary: 52384.32 - 65480.40
Posted On: January 9th, 2019
Originally founded in 1927 by All Saints' Episcopal Church to provide social welfare programs for the poor, elderly, sick, and "those who might otherwise be forgotten", Episcopal Community Services (ECS) expanded its scope in 1954 to provide programs to address the physical, emotional, and spiritual needs of all San Diegans. ECS was incorporated in 1955 and obtained its first government contract with San Diego County to provide counseling and jobs for men released from prison. Today, ECS provides more than $27 million in health and human services in the areas of homelessness, mental health, poverty, addiction and early childhood education to more than 8,000 clients in San Diego.
Operating under its mission of serving God by serving those in need through programs that foster hope, dignity, and independence, ECS inspires children, empowers adults and transforms communities by providing vital, high-quality social services that encourage healthy interdependence.
Every client is served regardless of ethnic background, culture, gender, age, sexual orientation or religious creed. The overarching goal of ECS is to provide services that build a bridge to a brighter future.
A community where all are supported to reach their potential.
At Episcopal Community Services, we hold an ongoing commitment to our core values of:
Excellence: What we do is done well to achieve the highest quality.
Compassion: We treat others the way we want to be treated.
Service: We manage and sustain our resources and talents wisely to better serve others.