**Work hours 5 hours per day, Monday through Friday.**
Webster: 2930 Marcy Ave San Diego, CA 92113
First Step :804 San Pasqual St. San Diego, CA 92113
Euclid: 210 S. Euclid San Diego, CA 92114
**Work hours 8 hours per day, Monday through Friday.**
BYF 841 S. 41st San Diego, CA 92113
Home Avenue: 4111 Home Ave, San Diego, CA 92105
**This position is 42 Weeks for Head Start and 43 Weeks for Early Head Start.**
**It is for 5 hours per day, Monday through Friday.**
Under the supervision of the Site Supervisor (or designated teaching staff) aids in the instruction of children.
• Computers and related software programs. Must be computer literate.
• Assist in creating and maintaining a safe learning environment for children and others;
• Work effectively with children, parents, family, and community;
• Have regular, consistent attendance;
• Demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills;
• Be sensitive to the needs of culturally and ethnically diverse groups;
• Speak a second language desirable.
High School Diploma, G.E.D. equivalency or High School Proficiency Certificate required. Child Development or Early Childhood Education units from an accredited college/university or ROP Training in a Child Development Program preferred.
Licenses, Certifications & Special Requirements:
Certification in pediatric first aid and CPR must be met within 90 days of employment. Must meet and maintain state law and county licensing requirements regarding employment in a childcare center (fingerprints, TB, physical, immunizations).
1) All persons hired in this position will be required to take (on their own) and successfully complete (with at least a “C”) a minimum of six (6) units of Child Development (CD) or Early Childhood Education (ECE) at an accredited college or university within 12 months of employment.
2) Will assist in breaks and planning time for teacher and associate teacher, as needed. This position may not be left alone supervising children unless person has at least 12 units of child development (CD) or early childhood education (ECE) at an accredited college or university.
Example of Major Functions:
The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to this position.
Location: San Diego, CA
Salary: 13.00 - 13.00
Posted On: June 4th, 2021
Honesty in words and action; Transparent and responsible stewardship
Treating all with dignity and respect
Noticing and considering the needs of others, the agency, and community
Engaging in positive action to support meeting needs
Delivering optimal quality service and products with professionalism, effectiveness, and compassion