Position: Family Services Specialist
Location: East Palo Alto
Salary: Depending on Experience
Filing Deadline: Open until filled
APPLICATION AND SELECTION PROCESS:
IHSD Head Start & Early Head Start Programs requires all applicants to submit copies of transcripts, degree(s) and any certification along with the cover letter and resume. All applicants will be reviewed by a screening committee for satisfaction of minimum qualification standards. The best candidates for the position will be invited for a panel interview.
Employer Paid - Medical, Dental and Life Insurance; Vision Savings Eye Care Program
Employer Assistance Program
Voluntary Long Term Disability Insurance
403(b) Retirement Plan Benefits - 8% funded by employer
Paid Holidays, Paid Vacation, Paid Personal Days and Paid Sick Time
Limited Time ONLY & after 6 months of full time employment: Sign-On Bonus and Relocation allowance will be provided if coming from out of the State of CA
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES:
1. Recruitment, intake and enrollment of families. Family partnership building.
2. Encourages parents to take leadership role in meetings, field trips, policy council and classroom help. Assists Parent Center Committee members to carry out related activities.
3. Collaborates with Children Services staff with parent involvement activities (i.e., Reading is Fundamental, Raising a Reader)
4. Collaborates with site Children Services staff to plan, set the agenda and facilitate Parent Center Committee meetings.
5. Participates in Site meetings with Site Supervisor and teaching staff.
6. Attends Mental Health Consultation meetings.
7. Documents/tracks needs, Family Partnership Goals, health, dental, nutrition, hearing, and vision concerns and make the appropriate referrals as necessary. Documents all parent contacts and community referrals, including health documentation.
8. Documents teacher consultations regarding family concerns at scheduled staff meetings.
9. When CHDP training is offered, participates in CHDP training to perform vision and hearing screenings as needed. When training is offered, will attend annual refresher training if no screening performed within a year.
10. When CHDP training is offered, participates in CHDP training to perform vision and hearing screenings as needed. When training is offered, will attend annual refresher training if no screening performed within a year.
11. Conducts vision and hearing screenings for Head Start children, as necessary to comply with 45 day deadline.
· REQUIRED COPIES OF THE FOLLOWING NEEDED: DEGREE, TRANSCRIPT (OFFICIAL OR UNOFFICIAL)
· AA or BA degree in Social Work, Child Development, Psychology, or related field.
· Minimum one (1) year of work experience in social work, child development or a related field.
· Knowledge of the principles and practices of case management.
· Experience in working with community agencies.
· Ability to handle multiple duties, complete work assignments in a timely manner and prioritize tasks.
· Must be organized, detail oriented and possess good verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to maintain a cooperative and professional working relationship with staff, parents and other public agency personnel.
· Valid California driver’s license, current automobile insurance and vehicle.
· Bi-lingual in Spanish preferred.
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE REQUIRED TO PROVIDE EMPLOYMENT ELIGIBILITY VERIFICATION
HEALTH AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
Physical examination, TB & Immunizations tests upon employment
Fingerprint Clearance/Child Abuse Index/Criminal Record Statement/NSOPW
APPLY: Attn: Human Resources Department
Institute for Human and Social Development
155 Bovet Road, Suite 300
San Mateo, CA 94402
AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY – AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Job Type: Full-time
Category: Family Services
Location: East Palo Alto and San Mateo, CA
Salary: Competitive Salary
Posted On: November 4th, 2019
At IHSD, we are committed to providing the highest quality comprehensive early care and education and family services to support the school readiness of each child. Through our child development centers, family child care homes, and home based visiting programs, we offer early care and education and family services that are built upon the needs of the children, families, and communities.
Research has continually demonstrated that high quality early care and education programs have a significant impact on a child’s chances of future success. Our mission is to provide excellent comprehensive child development and support services to the highest needs children of 0-5 years old and their families in partnership with the community of San Mateo County.