Human Resources Business Partner-Early Childhood Services
Children's Institute Inc. - Los Angeles, CA
Works with management staff and line employees to align human capital with the organization’s strategic plan. Performs employee relations tasks.
- Works across business units to lead and influence employee relations to best support the strategic plan and the division’s goals.
- Proactively supports the delivery of Human Resources processes and initiatives.
- Actively identifies gaps, proposes and implements changes necessary to cover risks.
- Builds a strong business relationship with internal clients.
- Promotes positive changes in people management.
- Trains and develops management staff, promoting a positive working relationship.
- Actively aids in the performance improvement process, including performance counseling's and reviews.
- Aids in job development by writing job descriptions and helping managers develop an organic reporting structure.
- Investigates appropriate concerns to ensure they are handled according to Company policy.
- Manages the interactive process, assuring that employees with restrictions are properly accommodated.
- Assists with interviewing potential candidates.
- Develops and facilitates training sessions.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- 5+ years of progressive human resources, employee relations & engagement experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or a related field from a four-year university required.
- Master's degree in Business Administration preferred.
- Constant travel required - South LA, Wilmington, Korea Town (mileage reimbursed)
- Expert in compliance, leave of absence, workers compensation, de-escalation & resolution and ergonomics assessments
- CCC Regulations, CDE State Preschool, Head Start and Early Childhood experience required
Children’s Institute, Inc. does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.