Children's Institute Inc. - Los Angeles, CA
The Education Specialist ensures regulatory and legal compliance with federal, state and local regulations. Serves as resource for education services and analyzes child outcome data.
- Delivers coaching/mentoring sessions to teaching staff on a regular basis as determined by staff needs and assessments.
- Analyzes and assesses the implementation of curriculum in classrooms and ensures all activities, lesson plans, and materials are developmentally appropriate.
- Participates in the development and implementation of the Teacher Professional Development Plan.
- Uses independent discretion and judgment to assess classroom instruction through the use of CLASS, ITERS, and ECERS tools.
- Trains employees about education techniques and provides technical assistance.
- Assesses all classroom practices to ensure their adherence to program policies and ECE best practices.
- Works cooperatively with other content area specialists to plan integrated education services
- Provides guidance to teachers in implementing Individual Education Plans and Individual Family Service Plans as needed.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
This Position Requires:
- 3-5 years of experience managing or overseeing early childhood education services.
- Bachelor's degree in Early Childhood Education or related field from a four-year university required.
- Site Supervisor Child Development preferred
- CLASS reliable within six months of hire.
- Spanish / English bilingual preferred.
Children’s Institute, Inc. does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.