Family Child Care Quality Network Coach Specialist - Cantonese Required
Wu Yee Children's Services - San Francisco, CA
The Network Coaching Specialist supports the professional development of Early Educators in the FCC Quality Network by offering mentoring, coaching, resources and specialized technical assistance. Advises Early Educators and program staff on the SF Quality Rating and Improvement System (QRIS) matrix, and other educational assessment tools and learning models.
Wu Yee Children’s Services delivers comprehensive Child Development, Family, and Provider services for young children (0-5 years old) and low-income families throughout the City of San Francisco. The scope of our programs ranges from child/parent education, wellness, mental health, nutrition and social services including Early Head Start and Head Start programs.
- Provide individual coaching to caseload of 15 Early Educators within the Family Child Care Quality Network.
- Collaborates with Early Educators and program team to set goals, problem-solve and implement quality improvement plans related to program structure, environment, parent engagement practices and curriculums.
- Assists Early Educators in understanding and navigating the SF Quality Rating and Improvement System (QRIS) matrix.
- Utilizes assessment tools and learning models including CSEFEL, DRDP, CLASS, Creative Curriculum and ASQ-3/ASQ-SE 2 to obtain desired program outcomes.
- Assists FCCQN Coordinators and FCCQN Consultants with planning and facilitating training, cohorts and Peer Learning Communities (PLC) for the Early Educators.
- Conducts site visits of potential FCCQN members.
- Maintains early educator files, inputs information into a database, runs reports and analyzes data.
- Conducts site-based coaching and models best practices during FCC providers’ hours of operation and offers technical assistance after business hours.
- Collaborates with internal programs and community partners to identify strategies, referrals, training, and technical assistance required to achieve optimum outcomes for each educator.
- Practice Based Coaching (PBC) certification a plus or ability to complete certification within agreed upon time frame.
- Must be bilingual English/Chinese
- Masters degree preferred.
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends, and willing to travel within SF neighborhoods.
- Experience supporting Early Educators family childcare educators or classroom experience with children 0-5 years of age including age-appropriate curriculum design for mixed-age groups.
- Must have 3-5 years of experience supporting Early Educators in a Family Child Care (FCC) setting OR3-5 years of classroom experience with children 0-5 years.
- Knowledge of the following Professional Development Pathways tools: Desired Results Developmental Profile (DRDP), California Preschool Learning Foundations and Frameworks, Ages and Stages Questionnaire, CSEFEL – CA Teaching Pyramid framework, Protective Factors Framework, ECE curriculum.
- Desired knowledge of the following Professional Development Pathways tools: Program Administrators Scale (PAS) and Business Administrators Scale (BAS), Program for Infant-Toddler Care (PITC) for coaching 0-3 ages.
- Knowledge of the following Program Quality Assessment tools: Environmental Rating Scales (ERS)and CLASS.
- Knowledge of Community Care Licensing regulations and requirements.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience developing an inclusive curriculum, dual language learning, inquiry-based learning, quality improvement planning, and implementation.
- Must be proficient in all Microsoft Office programs
- Ability to bend and lift 50 pounds
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Fully paid employee health, dental and vision
- 403b with matching contribution after 1 year
- 13 holidays, 10 days vacation and paid sick leave
- Lots of opportunity for advancement across the organization
- Extensive paid training and professional development
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records to apply for any open position in which they feel qualified. Wu Yee Children’s Services is an equal opportunity employer.