Support for Families of Children with Disabilities - San Francisco, CA
Wu Yee is seeking an experienced Education Coach to provide training to teachers based on curricula that reflect the cultural values and diversity of the families served while ensuring school readiness goals are successfully met. In collaboration with Center Managers, the Education Coach promotes best practices in early childhood development based on Head Start Performance Standards.
- Observe Early Head Start/Head Start classrooms to create individual coaching plans and assess the professional development of teachers.
- Collaborate with Center Managers on Professional Development Plans for the teaching team.
- Foster curriculum development and provide input on school readiness goals, family engagement, and dual-language instruction.
- Train and orient teachers on best practices and provide resources to develop and enhance skills.
- Research and identify staff development opportunities.
- Plan and present small group workshops on relevant child development topics based on program monitoring outcomes.
- Provide guidance in conducting DRDP assessments, ASQs and intentional daily observations of children’s play, behavior, and interactions.
- Participate in the annual child development Self-Assessment process.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BA degree in Child Development or related education field.
- 24 units of Early Childhood Education.
- 3 infant/toddler units.
- Four years of teaching experience with infant/toddler and preschool children and diverse populations.
- Two years of experience leading a team in implementing a developmental and age-appropriate curriculum.
- Knowledge of Creative Curriculum, PITC Philosophy, California Community Care Licensing, CDE Title 5 and Wu Yee’s School Readiness and Parent Family Community Engagement Goals.
- Knowledge of various software programs such as MS Word, Excel, Power-Point, Publisher, and Child Plus.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Occasional lifting up to 50 pounds.
- Bilingual in English/Cantonese preferred.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Fully paid employee health, dental and vision
- 403b with matching contribution after 1 year
- 13 holidays, 10 days vacation and paid sick leave
- Lots of opportunity for advancement across the organization
- Extensive paid training and professional development
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records to apply for any open position in which they feel qualified. Wu Yee Children’s Services is an equal opportunity employer.