NCO Head Start Child Development Program (Pre-School)
Aide HS PS (Bilingual Preferred) for 2020-2021 school year
Please complete and return required NCO employment application by the closing date. July 31, 2020.
Applications and full job descriptions are available on the NCO website at www.ncoinc.org/aboutus/jobs/ or by calling 707.467.3200, or at the NCO main office, 413 N. State Street in Ukiah.
For positions requiring ECE or CDV units transcripts must be attached with your application to be considered.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Assists and supports teaching staff in the area(s) of Integration and/or Language Resources by performing assigned duties to improve services to Head Start Child Development (HSCDP) families. Performs all job duties utilizing dual language ability as necessary to provide optimum support and services for clients and HSCDP staff.
1.Must have or agree to complete a minimum of 6* core Early Childhood Education/ Child Development (ECE/CDV) college units. (Core courses include child/human growth & development; child/family/community or child and family relations; programs/curriculum.)
* Required units may be deferred for not more than 24 months from the date of hire when employee signs a training plan agreement that includes completion of the missing units.
2. Must be at least 18 years of age.
3. Bilingual, biliterate ability (Spanish-English) is generally preferred and may be required.
4. Must be sufficiently familiar with computers and various common software programs regularly used to perform general duties and responsibilities for this position, including web-based platforms and e-mail.
5. Must have the ability to consistently communicate in an effective and professional manner.
6. Must demonstrate a willingness to work as part of a team but have the ability to work independently.
7. Must have a demonstrated ability to work effectively and professionally with parents and other adults as well as with children from a variety of socio-economic backgrounds.
8. Must have the ability to handle confidential information, documents and sensitive situations appropriately.
9. Knowledge of the Head Start program is desired.
10. Prior experience working with children with special need is preferred but not required.
11. Developed organizational and time management skills are preferred.
12. Possess the ability to work flexible hours at occasional weekend or evening activities as scheduled.
13. For work related driving, employee must have: a current, valid California driver’s license; a driving record that demonstrates the employee is a safe, appropriate driver as verified by a DMV printout; and, proof of personal automobile insurance; or reliable transportation with proof of automobile insurance.
14. Pre-employment and periodic health screenings and T.B. tests are required, the results of which must be within acceptable ranges to attain and maintain employment.
15. Must comply with regulatory immunization requirements.
16. Must complete a Criminal Record Clearance prior to employment to confirm eligibility to work in a licensed child care facility.
$13.00 - $14.95 per hour
29 hours per week, 9-10 months year
Location: Lakeport, CA, CA
Salary: 13.00 - 14.95
Posted On: May 20th, 2020
A Non-profit Community Action Agency.