VOLUNTEERS OF AMERICA
SOUTHWEST CALIFORNIA P
Position Title: Home Base Coordinator
Reports To: EARLY HEAD START DIRECTOR
Department: CHILD DEVELOPMENT
Employment Status: FULL YEAR - EXEMPT
Work Location: 720 S. E Street San Bernardino CA 92408 ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Under the supervision of the EHS Director, the Home Visitor Coordinator leads and shares responsibility for planning, organizing, and implementing the care, development, and education of typically and atypically developing infants and toddlers (birth - age 3) with Home-based visitors. Accountable for implementing quality early education program that fosters positive relationships between parents and children, and reinforces the value of the parent as the child’s primary teacher. This position ensures that home-based visitors fully comply with the policies and procedures of Volunteers of America-Southwest California and the Federal Performance Standards. This position works collaboratively with the Education Specialist/Coach and the Disabilities/Mental Health Specialist.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Directly supervises the day to day operation of the home based program option and the home visitors.
• Monitors home visits by accompanying home visitors on home visits to observe for quality delivery of services and program requirement compliance
• Reviews all home visitor paperwork including lesson plans
• Monitors Child Plus data input by home visitors
• Addresses concerns from parents within the program option.
• Adheres to Confidentiality policy in all aspects of program operations
• Ensures Parenting Curriculum is implemented at Socialization's.
• Communicates effectively and professionally with staff and families and peers.
• Approves monthly lesson planning to ensure individualized and school readiness goals are incorporated into lesson planning.
• Observes monthly socialization and approves agenda. Provides feedback to staff on effectiveness of socialization in relationship to Performance Standards.
• Monitors child’s file for compliance in Enrollment, Family Goals and Objectives School Readiness and progress with DRDP goals and accomplishments and health requirements.
• Approves Referral from Home Visitor for additional services.
• Attends Staff Meetings.
• Other duties as assigned.
This job description is not meant to be all inclusive of duties or responsibilities.
• Associates Degree in Early Childhood Education, Child Development or related field. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
• A California Child Development Site Supervisor Permit.
• CPR certificate issued by the American Red Cross, Heart Association or other authorized agency.
• Documentation of health and safety training required by Title 22 Community Care Licensing regulations.
• 4-6 years experience in education for infants and toddlers
• 5-7 years experience in supervision of adults
• Must have the ability to read, write, and speak English. Bilingual in Spanish helpful.
• Must be computer literate.
• Must have knowledge of Title 22 licensing regulations and Head Start Performance Standards
Prior to hire the following must be assured.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Category: Program Support
Location: San Bernardino, CA
Salary: Competitive Salary
Posted On: March 31st, 2021
Volunteers of America is a federally and stated funded comprehensive early childhood education program with a focus on child development that includes a child’s cognitive, physical and social emotional growth and development. The program fosters Family Engagement in all areas of a child’s development and provides comprehensive resources to low income families in the areas of health, nutrition and community resources.