First Baptist Head Start - 3890 Railroad Ave, Pittsburg, CA
First Baptist Head Start
Position Purpose: To provide overall leadership in the planning, design, implementation and evaluation of all program service areas and in compliance with the Head Start Performance Standards promoting sound organizational and management innovations of First Baptist Head Start Program.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education, Social Work, Human Services, Business Administration or related fields
- Master’s Degree desirable
- Five years of experience as Administrator of a preschool program with responsibilities for Fiscal and Human Resource Management
- At least three years of experience in non-profit management.
- Possession of a California Child Development Program Director’s Permit.
- Prior experience in Head Start or knowledge of program and philosophy desired and/or willingness to acquire.
- Oversee and manage the day to day functions of First Baptist Head Start Programs. Serves as representative of the First Baptist Head Start Program.
- Responsible for overall program operation according to federal, state and local guidelines. Develop policies and operating procedures in compliance with Federal and State laws, Head Start regulations, funding contracts and Agency objectives. Ensures compliance with all that meet contracts, Program Performance Standards, Program Policies and Procedures, Community Care Licensing requirements etc.
- Supervise members of the management team in accordance with relevant policies and laws to achieve quality services to children and families and to carry out all Head Start activities necessary to achieve the outcomes described in the Program Plan. Evaluate staff according to program policies and procedures. Implement procedures for and participate in selection and hiring of staff in accordance with program guidelines and employment laws.
- Design and provide training and career development opportunities to Head Start staff and parents. Implement in-service training and a technical assistance plan. Conduct regular staff meetings; facilitate regular in-services trainings.
- Oversee that proper equipping for centers is being utilized. Ensure inventory (pre-school year and post school year) and proper storage of supplies and equipment during summer.
- Oversee that facilities are properly licensed. Oversee that FBHS has proper programmatic liability insurance for all Staff and Board.
- Ensure parent involvement in all relevant aspects of the program, including planning, implementation, monitoring, staffing and evaluation. Oversee that technical assistance in the areas of budget, public relations, policies, applications, etc. is being provided to the parents. Responsible for support services for parents to enhance parent involvement.
- Work collaboratively with local agencies to ensure maximum utilization of resources. Foster a cooperative working relationship with Contra Costa County, The Grantee.
- Prepare annual grant proposal, federal, state funding applications, annual Program Information Report, E Rate Program and related grants and contracts with Policy Committee and Board.
- Responsible for the development and monitoring of a fiscal accounting management system that will include monitoring budget expenditures and budget revisions, property procurement and inventory control. Approval of payroll, purchase requisitions, purchase orders, etc.
- Ensure overall preparation of five-year plan.
- Be responsible for maintaining health and safety, child abuse standards, laws, regulations and policies.
- Responsible for accuracy of records and reports. Ensure and sign off on state food service reports.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Must possess and maintain a valid CA Driver’s License, as well as current automobile registration and insurance.
- Must have vehicle in good working condition.
- Must be eligible to be employed in the United States.
- Continuing Education required and Trainings.
- Successful completion of an initial physical examination, including required vaccinations, and follow-up examinations every two years.
- Current First Aid and CPR Certification.
- Fingerprint clearance, tuberculosis clearance and child abuse clearance must be on file and submitted according to policy.
Please Mail resumes to 3890 Railroad Ave. Pittsburg, CA 94565.
E-mail Resumes to: email@example.com
Fax Resumes to: 925-526-8600 Attn: Brenda P. Battle
For more information, call Brenda P. Battle at 925-473-2000, ext. 101
Deadline Date: Until Filled