The Infant Care Teacher is responsible for assisting the Site Supervisor in the administration of an infant and toddler program, and in the planning, preparation, and execution of the program in conformance with the Head Start Performance Standards, Title 22 and Title 5 of the California Administrative Code as applicable.
The Infant Care Teacher is directly supervised by the Site Supervisor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in creating a developmentally appropriate learning environment applying the principles, practices, and philosophy of Program for Infant & Toddler Care (PITC).
- Ensures the planning of group environment plans, Child Care Food Program (CCFP) guidelines, infant/toddler daily records, individualized daily nutrition plans with an “on-demand” schedule, the proper storage and labeling of the individualized formula following all safety and sanitation rules.
- Ensures that all infants/toddlers' individual needs of diapering, toileting, eating, sleeping, and activities are strictly monitored and recorded on the daily infant report and shared with parents at the end of the program day in a relationship-based approach.
- Assists in maintaining a safe, clean, uncluttered, and hazard-free environment for children.
- Maintains ratio guidelines according to Title 22, Head Start Performance Standards, and PITC recommendations.
- Implements developmentally appropriate curriculum into classroom activities to address and meet individual goals for children as identified in their individualized education plans.
Location: Grass Valley, CA
Salary: 15.72 - 16.68
Posted On: February 11th, 2021
Our mission is to empower children and their families to maximize their full potential through opportunities for growth and change.
At KidZCommunity, we subscribe to the Standards of Ethical Behavior as outlined in the NAEYC Code of Ethical Conduct. All employees are expected to become familiar with the code and use it as a model for ethical and professional behavior.
Agency benefits include:
Medical, dental, vision, group-term life insurance, retirement savings plan, and employer contribution of 3.5%, vacation, sick, paid holidays, education time-off, and education reimbursement.