KidZCommunity - Placer Community Action Council, Inc. - Auburn, CA
The Accounting Manager will be responsible for all accounting functions through monthly financial statements including internal and external reporting. The Accounting Manager will be responsible to work with the Finance and Administrative Director to create, record and monitor budgets for all program funds, including mid-year revisions. The Accounting Manager will work with annual auditors to streamline the audit engagement. Supervise the Payroll and Benefits Specialist, Accounts Payable Coordinator II and the Payroll and Benefits Coordinator.
The Accounting Manager is supervised by the Finance and Administrative Director.
Status and Classification:
This position is a full-time, twelve-month, exempt position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with the Finance and Administrative Director to create, record and monitor budgets for all program funds, including mid-year revisions. This includes both the total budget and the monthly projections.
- Cash log reconciliation and monthly bank reconciliations preparation for restricted checking, operating checking, and pass-through account, and all related journal entries, review all related deposits and draws.
- Serves as backup for processing payroll and accounts payable as needed.
- Assures bi-weekly payroll journal entries are imported into the accounting system.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (continued):
- Monitors all grants, contracts and other amounts receivable; including billings for State Preschools, Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP), cash draws, and any other amounts receivable as they occur.
- Ensures that all KidZCommunity policies and certificates are current, assuring liability coverage for the Board of Directors, agency owned vehicles, real property assets, agency-sponsored events and functions, legislated mandated requirements, and all requirements based on operational grant terms and conditions.
- Assures all data has been entered and all monthly, recurring and adjusting journal entries, including CACFP allocations and revenue and depreciation/amortization, have been made prior to producing financial statements. Reviews and approves all invoices for payment.
- Assures all balance sheet accounts are reconciled before financial statements are prepared each month.
- Produces balance sheets, budget to actual financial statements, statement of unrestricted cash flow, and other reports as required for review by the Finance & Administrative Director.
- Analyzes agency wide and fund budget differences and create a closed loop report explaining major variances for review by the Finance & Administrative Director.
- Attends the monthly Program/Finance-Audit Committee meeting and presents financial reports and the closed loop report with the Finance & Administrative Director.
- Assures financial compliance with the terms and conditions of all contracts.
- Prepares the working trial balance, working papers, confirmations and all other items requested by the audit firm performing the annual audit.
- Completes annual evaluations of the Payroll and Benefits Specialist, Accounts Payable Coordinator II and the Payroll and Benefits Coordinator.
- Monitor and maintain updates to fiscal operations manual, desk guides, and job descriptions.
- Meet weekly with the Finance and Administrative Director to ensure all information and status of projects is shared.
- Participate in Staff In-Service, Finance Committee and Management meetings as well as other agency meetings and events as requested.
- Participate in the annual Federal Review as requested.
- Assist the Finance and Administrative Director with projects to enhance and increase services as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Understanding of non-profit fund accounting.
- Principles and practices of management, supervision and training.
- Knowledge of accounting principles for non-profits.
- Understanding of the federal guidelines for agencies who receive federal funding.
- Knowledge of Single Audit requirements.
- Knowledge of Fund Accounting principles.