The Associate Teacher assists in developing an engaging environment that reflects the cultural values and diversity of the children and families served. They provides consistent, responsive and respectful care to the children as a primary caregiver (teacher), and is also responsible for the safety, care, and supervision of all children in the classroom.
The Associate Teacher supports the Lead Teacher in development and implementation of lesson plans and classroom activities. They share information about child development and serves as a partner to involve all families in the classroom and center.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
• Bilingual in Spanish/English preferred not required
• A minimum of 1 year teaching experience with young children and diverse populations
• Ability to communicate effectively with children, parents and other staff
• Good communication, as well as maintaining an overall positive and professional attitude
• Demonstrated competence in supporting families
• Models good judgment, effective problem solving and priority setting skills
• Occasional lifting up to 50 pounds
• A valid California Child Development Associate Teacher permit
• AA degree with an emphasis in Early Childhood Education or related field preferred
Location: San Francisco, CA
Salary: Competitive Salary
Posted On: September 8th, 2017
WHO WE ARE:
Wu Yee delivers comprehensive services throughout the City of San Francisco. We serve over 4,000 children, families and child care providers each year.
We provide Early Head Start, Head Start, and State Preschool programs, Child Care Resources and Referrals, Child Care Subsidies and the Family Child Care Quality Network (FCCQN). The phrase “wu yee” means “protector of children” in Cantonese, and truly, children are at the heart of everything we do. If you’d like to learn more about who we are, please visit wuyee.org.