Position: INFANT/TODDLER ASSISTANT TEACHERS
Locations: South San Francisco, East Palo Alto and San Mateo
Hourly Salary: Starting at $17.00 & Depending on Qualifications & Experience
APPLICATION AND SELECTION PROCESS:
IHSD Head Start & Early Head Start Programs requires all applicants to submit copies of transcripts, degree(s) and any certification along with the cover letter and resume. All applicants will be reviewed by a screening committee for satisfaction of minimum qualification standards. The best candidates for the position will be invited for a panel interview.
Employer Paid - Medical, Dental and Life Insurance; Vision Savings Eye Care Program
Employer Assistance Program
Voluntary Long Term Disability Insurance
403(b) Retirement Plan Benefits - 8% funded by employer
Paid Holidays, Paid Vacation, Paid Personal Days and Paid Sick Time
Limited Time ONLY & after 6 months of full time employment: Sign-On Stipend and Relocation allowance will be provided if coming from out of the State of CA
Duties of the position will include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Assist with planning and implementing curriculum activities.
2. Assist with planning and setting up indoor and outdoor environment.
3. Supervise and team-teach a group of 8 children.
4. Assist with classroom record keeping (i.e. Learning Genie/Portfolios)
5. Assist teachers in conducting home visits for each child enrolled in the Head Start program.
6. Collaboration with Family Engagement team and events.
1. High School graduate or equivalent.
2. Possess a valid California Associate Teacher Permit or qualified for an Associate Teacher’s permit desirable.
3. Previous work experience in a licensed childcare center or comparable group Child care program for at least 1 year.
4. Proof of completion of core ECE courses: Child Development, Early Childhood Education Principles, Early Childhood Education Curriculum, Child, Family & Community and have at least 6 Units of Infant/Toddler Classes.
5. Knowledge of Early Childhood Education practices and techniques.
6. Bilingual in Spanish desirable.
HEALTH AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
Physical Examination, TB Test, Immunizations and CPR upon employment
Fingerprint Clearance/Child Abuse Index/Criminal Record Statement/NSOPW
Attn: Human Resources Department
Institute for Human and Social Development
155 Bovet Road, Suite 300
San Mateo, CA 94402
E-Mail to: email@example.com
AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY – AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Location: East Palo Alto, South San Francisco, San Mateo, CA
Salary: 17.00 - 0.00
Posted On: February 11th, 2020
At IHSD, we are committed to providing the highest quality comprehensive early care and education and family services to support the school readiness of each child. Through our child development centers, family child care homes, and home based visiting programs, we offer early care and education and family services that are built upon the needs of the children, families, and communities.
Research has continually demonstrated that high quality early care and education programs have a significant impact on a child’s chances of future success. Our mission is to provide excellent comprehensive child development and support services to the highest needs children of 0-5 years old and their families in partnership with the community of San Mateo County.